Friday, July 1, 2011

Quiet Time & Meet Mr Robinson


I have to admit something... I've been failing miserably at my goal of drawing/doodling/illustrating everyday for the past few months -- I am sure most of you could guess this since I haven't really shared anything here in quite some time. Truthfully, I really miss it -- it is stress releasing, fun, and satisfying.

A few night ago I decided that I needed to make time for this important exercise again, so I have instituted "quiet time" just before my kids bedtime. We all gather in the kids bedroom where they are allowed to read, draw, or play quietly. It really sets the mood before the kids bedtime; it allows me to spend more time with them; and allows time for that vital exercise of drawing each day. So simple, I don't know why I haven't thought about it before.

I am hoping that I can once again share these illustrations/drawings/doodles with you, it may not be daily, but I promise they will become a more regular treat here once again.

ps. Mr. Robinson is the result of our first "quiet time". I am sure we will see more of him in the future.

No comments: